Thursday, June 26, 2003

Renaat. I found this beetle in my teapot today.
Emile. Was it a Japanese beetle?
Renaat. No, this one was brown with white spots.
Emile. What did you do with it?
Renaat. Well I washed it down the drain, but before that, that beetle stopped me. Where did it come from? How did it get into my kitchen let alone my teapot?
Emile. Maybe it liked the residue of the tea in the pot.
Renaat. But I don’t use it for tea. I use it to water my plants, so there wasn’t really anything in the pot for the beetle to enjoy. It didn’t make any sense to me. How did this beetle get into my apartment? I have to wonder if more will come. I don’t think I’m quite ready for a beetle infestation.
Emile. Do you really think you’ll have an infestation?
Renaat. Maybe not. I don’t know. I just didn’t like the feeling I had when I found a brown beetle with white spots in my empty teapot before I watered my plants.
End. Beetle Unsettled