Friday, June 13, 2003

Tuomas. How long is this tunnel?
Noam. I don’t know. I’ve never been here.
Tuomas. I don’t think there’s an end to it. We’ve been walking for three hours now.
Noam. What do you want to do, go back? I’m not going back there again.
Tuomas. Let’s just sit down a rest for a while. I’m tired, Noam.
Noam. There has to be an end to this tunnel. Why would anyone make a tunnel without an end?
Tuomas. If there is an end to it, where is it? There’s no light, no drafts of wind, I really believe were going to die in this tunnel.
Noam. We can’t go back. They should know we’re gone by now. They’re going to look for us.
Tuomas. What if they find the tunnel? If we hear them, there’ll be nowhere to hide. They’ll just take us back.
Noam. We just have to get to the end of the tunnel before they find us.
Tuomas. I wish they would find us then decide to kill us right here for making them go deep into the tunnel. I’m too tired to go back. I think I would ask them to kill me if they found me.
Noam. I’m not going to ask them anything, but they’re going to have to kill me because I’m not going to go back either.
Tuomas. I can hear their footstep already.
Noam. I don’t hear anything.
Tuomas. They’re coming. I know they are. I’m going to sleep.
Noam. What about the end? We have to keep going.
Tuomas. I’m going to sleep. Nothing’s going to wake me up.
Noam. I’m going to go ahead. If there’s any sign that we’re close, I’ll come back and get you. Tuomas? Tuomas?
End. Tuomas Sleeps