Sunday, June 01, 2003

Denni. Hello?
Marlous. Hi, Denni? It’s Marlous. Did I wake you?
Denni. What? What time is it? It’s still dark.
Marlous. It’s five forty-three.
Denni. When does it get light?
Marlous. I don’t know. In about an hour?
Denni. That was the first time I’ve ever been ripped out of a dream before.
Marlous. I’m so sorry. I didn’t know who else to call.
Denni. I was dreaming that it was the end of the world, and everyone was taking taxis to go to heaven. I remember being in a suburb of houses, and the clouds were heavy and grey. I think it was a humid. It felt like it was just about to thunder then a warm rain would come. There was no explosions or panic around me. People just knew it was the end of the world and promptly got into their taxis. I think I must have been the last one to realize it was the end of the world. So, everyone was finding a taxi and going off to heaven. Even their dogs wearing pink ribbons on their heads. I’m all panicked, but there's nothing that I can do. I guess I could have forced my way onto a taxi, but I guess that wouldn't look so good. You know. Me fighting my way to get into heaven. So, I’m trying to find my own taxi, but that’s when you called. I really felt like this hand took a grip of my hair and ripped me right out of the dream.
Marlous. I’m so sorry. You know I didn’t mean to keep you from heaven. I'm sure you would have found a taxi.
Denni. Yeah, maybe. Oh so, did you need something?
Marlous. I can’t get into the building. I forgot my keys.
Denni. Oh, okay. I’ll be down. Are you downstairs?
Marlous. I’m at the gas station. I’ll be there in like five minutes.
Denni. Good, that’ll give me some time to calm down.
End. Ripped from Heaven