Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Koen. Roel.
Roel. Get away from here.
Koen. What are you doing?
Roel. I’m getting out of here. I never want to come back here again.
Koen. Where are you going?
Roel. Where ever this train takes me. It doesn’t matter.
Koen. What about Mommy and Daddy?
Roel. They still have you. They’ll be fine.
Koen. But, why are you going?
Roel. Stop asking me so many questions.
Koen. I’m going to tell Mommy and Daddy.
Roel. If I see you again, I’m going to stab you.
Koen. You brought your knife with you?
Roel. Of course. For protection.
Koen. I want to go with you.
Roel. You can’t go with me.
Koen. Why not?
Roel. Because you have to stay home with Mommy and Daddy.
Koen. Why?
Roel. They’re going to die if both of us leave. If only one of us leaves, then it’s not so hard for them.
Koen. Mommy’s going to cry.
Roel. Yeah, but then she’ll try harder with you.
Koen. You’re not coming back?
Roel. I don’t think so. Go back home, Koen. Don’t tell them or the police you saw me.
Koen. The police?
Roel. Mommy and Daddy are going to call to police to find me.
Koen. They’re going to find you, Roel.
Roel. No they’re not. It’s a big country. I could be anywhere. I don’t even know where I’ll be.
Koen. Why are you leaving?
Roel. Good bye, Koen.
End. Track Flow