Monday, June 09, 2003

Leander. Do you remember when Frantisek took off your bumper with his car?
Younes. When was that? Back in high school?
Leander. Yeah, I was in the car with him when it happened.
Younes. He just tore off my bumper. It pissed me off. That was my first car.
Leander. It was a piece of junk.
Younes. That piece of junk got me around.
Leander. I remember getting rid of my first car. I gave it to a friend of the family’s. Sometimes we would visit for Christmas dinner, and I would see my car in their driveway. They didn’t take good care of it, though. They asked me if I wanted to drive it around one time, but I couldn’t. It didn’t seem like my car anymore.
Younes. I know what you mean. When Frantisek ripped off my bumper, it took me some time to feel like I was driving my car again.
Leander. Something in Frantisek snapped. He could have stopped right after he hit you, but it was as if he gave up on everything and stepped on the gas.
Younes. I haven’t heard from Frantisek in a while. I wonder what he’s up to.
End. Replacement Bumper