Saturday, February 15, 2003

Henk. I don’t know if I should tell you this, but I feel like I need to tell someone.
Ineke. What is it?
Henk. It’s kind of personal, but it’s so strange that someone else needs to know.
Ineke. How long have we known each other?
Henk. A long time.
Ineke. You know you can trust me can’t you?
Henk. I know, I would not even mention it if I wasn’t comfortable with you.
Ineke. So, what is it?
Henk. It’s my nose hair.
Ineke. Your nose hair?
Henk. They’re turning white.
Ineke. What?
Henk. I don’t understand why. Is this what happens when you grow old? You’re nose hairs are the first to turn white?
Ineke. I don’t know. I don’t think so.
Henk. Well, they are. At least for me.
Ineke. But your hair is still brown.
Henk. My eyebrows, my armpit hair, my eye lashes, everything is brown.
Ineke. That would be weird if only your eyelashes were white.
Henk. It’s weird that only my nose hairs are white.
Ineke. Yeah, but you can hide your nose hairs. You can’t really hide your eyelashes, unless you wore mascara.
Henk. I wonder if my hair will turn white soon.
Ineke. It sounds like it.
Henk. I’ve always thought that my hair would stay brown longer than normal since I’ve lived a relatively stress free lifestyle.
Ineke. Maybe all your stress has accumulated in your nose.
Henk. Can you stop trying to look up my nose, please?
End. Only the Nose