Thursday, February 06, 2003

Alistair. She likes to drink flat soda.
Flora. Who does?
Alistair. I don’t know. It's this someone I used to know, but I can’t remember. I’m remembering small fragments of her, but who am I trying to remember?
Flora. What else do you remember?
Alistair. I cooked dinner for her once.
Flora. You cook everyone dinner.
Alistair. That’s true.
Flora. Were you interested in her?
Alistair. I can’t remember. I don’t think so, though.
Flora. But it seems like you’re trying really hard to figure who it is.
Alistair. Something about her lips. Her lips are familiar.
Flora. Have you kissed her?
Alistair. I don’t think so, but her lips. I remember how her lips would purse.
Flora. Do you know what’s going to happen?
Alistair. What do you mean?
Flora. When you finally remember this person, you’re going develop a strong, but one-sided connection towards her, but it’s not going to be genuine. It’ll only be because you’ve struggled so much to remember her.
Alistair. There’s an “H” in her name.
Flora. Will you stop?
End. It’s Not Flora