Thursday, April 03, 2003

Marten. I stopped my car and told Reka to get out the other day.
Timea. Like Fred Flintstone does to Barney Rubble?
Marten. I made sure I did not yell, and I dropped her off at a subway station so she could go home or wherever she wanted.
Timea. What happened?
Marten. The topic of God came up. I can’t even remember how we started talking about God, but all of the sudden she started to make derogatory remarks about God and how stupid He is. Then, something exploded inside of me. I could not rip my steering wheel out of its column. That’s when I stopped the car and told her to get out.
Timea. What did she do?
Marten. She had this confused sadness in her eyes, but she got out. I was quite firm with her. I really don’t know what came over me. You know me. I believe in God, but I don’t really care which way or the other.
Timea. So why did you tell her to leave?
Marten. Because I was afraid if she remained in the car, I would have swerved into oncoming traffic.
End. Exit Right