Friday, April 11, 2003

Levente. Hello, my friend.
Sander. Hello.
Levente. Is there something you like?
Sander. How much is this one?
Levente. For you, my friend. Thirty dollars.
Sander. That’s a little too much, I think.
Levente. Then how much do you want it for? You are a nice person. Give me a price. Any price.
Sander. I would be happy to buy this watch for fifteen.
Levente. Fifteen? Fifteen? No, no. I need to feed my family. Fifteen is too low.
Sander. What do you think, then? What price will make us both happy?
Levente. For you, my friend. I will cut ten off and give it to you for twenty.
Sander. Give it to me for eighteen, and I’ll be happy.
Levente. I will give it to you for nineteen.
Sander. Eighteen would be nice.
Levente. It’s just one more dollar. You can afford one dollar. I’m very poor. One dollar means more to me than it does to you.
Sander. Since you ask for nineteen, and I ask for eighteen, let’s meet in the middle. Eighteen fifty.
Levente. Half a dollar. Nineteen.
Sander. We will both be happy with eighteen fifty. I get a watch, you get eighteen fifty.
Levente. Nineteen is not much more.
Sander. You are my friend. Let’s be friends. Eighteen fifty is where we both can meet, don’t you think?
Levente. Okay, okay. Eighteen fifty.
Sander. Thank you, my friend.
End. Meeting at Fifty