Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Ulian. See that man?
Bieta. Which one? The one by the bowling alley?
Ulian. He’s there every single day.
Bieta. Maybe he works there.
Ulian. He doesn’t.
Bieta. How do you know that? Have you been following him?
Ulian. I just bowled a couple of frames. He doesn’t work there, but he doesn’t really bowl there either. He’ll come in, get something to eat from the bar, and go to another room.
Bieta. Then he has to work there. I mean, what kind of room does he go into?
Ulian. I don’t know really, but he doesn’t work there.
Bieta. How do you know that?
Ulian. I went up to him and asked him if he could help me with my scoring machine, and he told me that he didn’t work there. I tried going through the door, and it was locked. No sign either. He’s a part of some sort of underground, Bieta. Look, he’s going back into the bowling alley. Do you want to bowl a couple frames?
Bieta. Why do you want to make your life more exciting than it really is?
Ulian. Isn’t it obvious?
End. The Thrill of Bowling