Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Rabie. Hey, are you okay?
Thoma. You know? I've never been so alienated by music before. It’s very interesting.
Rabie. Why? Don’t you like the music?
Thoma. No, the music's great. Everyone's extremely talented. Everyone's feeding off each other. That's how music should be played, really.
Rabie. Then what's the problem?
Thoma. Each musician was playing to one another. In essence, they were conducting conversations with each other. Even you picked up those drumsticks and start hitting on things. Every participant playing, singing, or dancing was communicating with each other. I just felt like I was not a part of the conversation, so I decided to leave.
Rabie. You could have joined in on us. I mean, I'm no musician. You know that.
Thoma. Yeah, I was feeling a bit musically antisocial.
Rabie. That's okay. Are you sure you don't want to come back in and maybe listen?
Thoma. That music's not supposed to be listened to.
End. Musically Uninvolved