Monday, November 17, 2003

Stas. That’s it.
Natalya. What?
Stas. That restaurant. Cebu.
Natalya. What about it?
Stas. I dreamt about it, but not the restaurant. I dreamt of going to an island called Cebu.
Natalya. What was it about?
Stas. I was at the beach of the island of Cebu. You could see that it was raining in the distance, so I wanted to stay at the beach for as long as I could until the rain came. Everyone else around me was screaming that the rain was coming, but I was confused. What was the big deal about the rain? But their screaming made me want to leave too. So, I went back to where the banana trees started and climbed up one of them to wait for the rain to come. When it came, it was horrible. Each raindrop was like a fist trying to rip the flesh off my bones. I remember thinking, “when is this going to end?” I just clung onto the tree until the storm finally past. When I woke up, I remembered the name of the island being Cebu. The name was familiar, but I couldn’t figure out where I knew it from.
Natalya. The name of the restaurant. Have you ever eaten there?
Stas. No, but I’ve been meaning to.
End. The Mystery of Cebu