Sunday, November 09, 2003

Ada. So, how did it go?
Tumur. How did what go?
Ada. Meeting your cousin.
Tumur. Oh, right. Pretty well, I suppose. It was like meeting a long lost sister, but we couldn't get past the obligation of being cousins.
Ada. What do you mean?
Tumur. She brought this up: The only reason why we're meeting is because our fathers were brothers.
Ada. So for her, being related by blood is not enough to get to know each other.
Tumur. I think it's because she felt the reason I wanted to see her was only out of obligation.
Ada. Sounds like you didn't have a good time.
Tumur. We did though. I thought so at least. She even trusted me with something she didn't want her family to know.
Ada. What is it?
Tumur. Let's just say she trusted me with it.
Ada. So she trusts you. That didn't help the obligation issue?
Tumur. Apparently not. When I suggested that we could meet again, she hesitated and gave me an ambiguous response. She really thought I suggested it out of obligation.
Ada. How unconsciously stubborn. She could have been like the sister you never had.
Tumur. I would have been a good older brother, too.
End. Obliged to Relate