Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Innokenti. I think the waiter likes you.
Anda. Don’t you think it’s too much though?
Innokenti. I can’t complain when someone buys us plates of desserts.
Anda. But don’t you think his questions are a little too personal?
Innokenti. When he asked you what you were studying? I guess he wanted to know the person he was getting the desserts for.
Anda. There’s a line to cross, and he’s definitely dancing on it. Doesn’t this bother you?
Innokenti. No, why should it? What’s he going to do?
Anda. I don’t know, but I think one more question will put him past the line of decency. I feel underneath the desserts and the jokes, he’s actually being serious.

Waiter. So, how do you like the desserts?
Anda. Very nice.
Innokenti. Yes, thank you very much.
Waiter. Do you like the sorbet? It is my favorite.
Anda. Yes, I enjoyed it very much.
Waiter. That’s good. So, tell me. Did you tell me the two of you were just friends?
Innokenti. Excuse me.
End. Innokenti Gets Out of His Chair, Goes to Anda, and Kisses Her