Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Pannos. How do you feel?
Ralis. I'm a bit nervous.
Pannos. I don't blame you.
Ralis. I can't calm down. I feel like a little boy. I can't get it out of me.
Pannos. Take a walk.
Ralis. Take a walk? Where do I go?
Pannos. I remember the day Artyom was born. I was so nervous, I couldn't just go to the hospital, so I took a walk. I didn't know where I was going, I was letting the crosswalk signs guide me. Then a couple of blocks from the hospital, I run into this bowling alley. I'm like, what the hell. I'll go bowling.
Ralis. You went bowling when your first son was born?
Pannos. Have you ever bowled by yourself, Ralis?
Ralis. No, I don't think so.
Pannos. It doesn't matter if you hit a strike or not. Everyone else is paying attention to their own games. I pick up a spilt spare, and no one witnesses it. I throw a gutter, and no one cares. So why am I trying to still throw strikes and pick up that spare?
Ralis. I guess that's what you're supposed to do in bowling.
Pannos. That's right. In bowling, you're supposed to try to get strikes and spares.
Ralis. So you think I should go bowling to calm down?
Pannos. I'm just saying that you should take a walk. You may run into a bowling alley or not. You'll run into something.
Ralis. Yeah, you're right. I gotta get out of here.
End. Rolling into Pins