Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Saveli. Hey, can I ask you a question?
Grigori. What is it?
Saveli. Do you know Inga?
Grigori. Yeah, she's in my math class. Do you like her? Do you want to ask her out?
Saveli. How do I do that?
Grigori. You Freshman. Do you know her? Have you talked to her?
Saveli. Yeah, I know her.
Grigori. Then what's the problem? Just ask her. Tell her she looks cute, and then tell her that you'll win her teddy bears at carnivals.
Saveli. I'm serious. I like her.
Grigori. Then what's the problem? Just ask her out.
Saveli. Then what? I don't know what to do with her.
Grigori. What do you mean? Get a pizza. Have it at the cemetery. Go to the beach. Build a fire.
Saveli. That's what you'd do. I like her, Grigori. I want her to be my girlfriend, but I don't know what to do with her.
Grigori. You're such a Freshman. You catch a fish, you eat it.
Saveli. She's no fish.
End. Fishing for Paralysis