Monday, September 01, 2003

Amer. What?
Bohdan. What?
Amer. You want to tell me something don’t you?
Bohdan. Well.
Amer. What is it? You know something, don’t you?
Bohdan. I’m starting to rethink telling you what will happen.
Amer. What do you mean? Whatever you’ve told me has come true. It’s really helped me with decisions.
Bohdan. Yes, but my telling you all these things, it’s not helping you in a sense. If anything, you’ve become dependent on me.
Amer. Do you feel like I’m using you?
Bohdan. No, not really, but it’s only because you’re not used to the fact that I can tell you what’s going to happen.
Amer. But you do have something to say about my life?
Bohdan. Well. I’m not sure if I should tell you anymore.
Amer. Can you tell me if it’s going to be good or bad?
Bohdan. This is the problem. You don’t have any confidence in your life. I mean, at least you’re uncertain about your life that you need me to calm you down.
Amer. These couple past months have been real tough.
Bohdan. But whatever I told you, you’ve become calm about it, right?
Amer. Well at first, of course I was skeptical, but now I know you’re telling the truth.
Bohdan. Then don’t you see that everything’s going to be okay? It might be hard, but everything that I’ve told you has been leading up to something good. I don’t need to tell you these things anymore. You should know already that it’s going to be okay.
Amer. Is it going to be okay?
Bohdan. You don’t need to ask that question. You’ve made it this far.
Amer. You make it seem too easy to be calm about everything. I admit, I don’t know what’s going to happen. I feel like I’m out of control of the situation. All I’m doing is waiting.
Bohdan. Then wait until you have something to do.
Amer. Then what will I have to do?
Bohdan. Think about it.
End. Telling the Truth