Thursday, September 11, 2003

Somdev. Hello?
Hermes. Hello? Somdev?
Somdev. Yes?
Hermes. Hi, this is Hermes.
Somdev. Hermes?
Hermes. Right, I’m a friend of Ipora’s?
Somdev. Oh, okay. Did you want something?
Hermes. Well, it has to do with Ipora.
Somdev. What about her?
Hermes. She’s a little confused.
Somdev. Confused about what?
Hermes. She’s not exactly sure why you haven’t called her yet.
Somdev. What do you mean?
Hermes. She’s been waiting for you to call today about when and where you’ll be going to dinner, but you haven’t. You know how she doesn’t like to wait.
Somdev. Why didn’t she just call me?
Hermes. It’s a pride thing, I think. For her to call you is a sign of her dependence on you, which is kind of silly if you think about it, but that’s how she views her relationship with you. She needs to know that she’s in command of this relationship and thus the stronger one in the relationship.
Somdev. I don’t think I want to talk about this with you.
Hermes. I understand, and I don’t really know how you feel about Ipora, but I have a pretty good idea about how she feels about you. In some way, she feels that she can do much better than you, which explains why she feels that she should not have to call you and reveal how much she wants to talk to you, but she also doesn’t want to simply let you go since she doesn’t want to be lonely. With you, she’s not lonely.
Somdev. You cannot simplify our relationship like that.
Hermes. I don’t know. It clears a lot of the complications out, though. It’s easier to sort through.
Somdev. I’m going to hang up and call Ipora now.
Hermes. Good, you have a lot to discuss.
End. Refusing to Talk