Friday, August 29, 2003

Violeta. You know, when we first met, I didn’t think you were attracted to me. I didn’t think you even wanted to see me again.
Iskander. Really? You had no idea?
Violeta. Really. You hide your feelings too well.
Iskander. It was the first time we met.
Violeta. I know, but still.
Iskander. Well, I thought I was just mirroring what you felt about me. I didn’t think you were highly attracted to me. Maybe you were, but it was somewhere in between attraction and comfort.
Violeta. Yeah, I was very comfortable. Is that how attraction works – comfort then attraction?
Iskander. In our case, yes. I think that’s how it happened.
Violeta. I think rather than being in between comfort and attraction, it was more like I was moving from one to the other.
Iskander. Well then, I miss read you.
Violeta. So what about now? Where do you think I am, in this scale from comfort to attraction?
Iskander. I would say that you were quite attracted to me.
Violeta. And I would say that you were quite attracted to me as well.
Iskander. That would be a pretty accurate assessment.
Violeta. So we know that we’re attracted to each other. What should we do?
Iskander. I think we should kiss.
Violeta. I think we should.
End. In Between Comfort and Attraction