Sunday, September 14, 2003

One.
Potito. Yo, excuse me. Excuse me.
Aleksey. Yes?
Potito. I’m going to ask you to do a big favor for me.
Aleksey. Yes?
Potito. Do you know where University Ave. is?
Aleksey. Yeah, it’s a couple of blocks from here.
Potito. Yeah, here’s the favor. I need you to drive me there.
Aleksey. I’m sorry?
Potito. I’m desperate. I’m drunk, man. My wife’s drunk. I can’t drive there myself.
Aleksey. Don’t you know anyone else to drive you?
Potito. There’re people, but you’re right here. Come on. Can you open the door?
Aleksey. I don’t know. I’ve had bad experiences driving strangers to different places.
Potito. Stranger? I’m no stranger. I live at 138B. You live here, don’t you?
Aleksey. Yes, but.
Potito. We’re neighbors. I’m no stranger. My name is Potito. I’ve got a wife and son. I don’t want your money, I just need a ride.
Aleksey. I’m a little confused. Why do you need to go to University Ave.?
Potito. I need to meet my brother. I’ve got some business to attend to.
Aleksey. Now, you don’t need to lie to me.
Potito. You don’t believe me? Here, I’m going to call my wife. You can talk to her.

Two.
Aleksey. Hello?
Denisa. Hi.
Aleksey. Does this make sense to you?
Denisa. You can say no.
Aleksey. I don’t know. Your husband’s pretty adamant about me driving him.
Denisa. Just say no. It’s okay.
Aleksey. Okay. Thanks. Here’s your husband.

Three.
Potito. So, now you believe me?
Aleksey. She said it’s okay not to drive you.
Potito. What? No, no, no, come on. You’ve got to drive me. It’s only a couple blocks away. It’s nothing to you. Come on, do me a favor. It’s just right there.
Aleksey. Bastard. I don’t believe this.

Four.
Potito. You’re a good man for driving me. You don’t know how much this means to me. Hey, why are you stopping here? You gotta go a couple more blocks.
Aleksey. Here, take out your knife and stab me in the stomach as many times as you want. I’ll try not to struggle too much.
End. Ready for the Initial Point