Monday, July 28, 2003

Paradorn. Rossetta, I am a violent person.
Rossetta. I don’t know. You don’t seem it.
Paradorn. You’ve never seen me throw a chair through a glass window.
Rossetta. No, I haven’t, but I can’t imagine you doing something like that.
Paradorn. Some people have personalities that bring out the absolute worst in me. I’m learning to recognize these people, but it’s hard for me to control my emotions, so I just try to avoid them if at all possible.
Rossetta. Who are these people?
Paradorn. I guess it depends. People who are confrontational set me off. Also people who have pretenses about me or people with selfish natures who have no empathy for others. I can't help, but let these people into my head, then I want to release all that junk in a violent manner like smashing a window or tossing a lamp into a wall.
Rossetta. Do you hurt these people?
Paradorn. No, I’m actually in control when it comes to the violent part. I make sure that I don’t hurt anyone. I just need to release this energy that’s inside me. After that, I feel much better, even calm.
Rossetta. There’s always punching a pillow.
Paradorn. Yes, but it doesn’t make the same sort of violent sound a dumbbell makes when it goes through a fish tank.
End. A Calming Violence