Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Gala. Do you smell that?
Agustin. What is it?
Gala. It smells familiar, like it’s going to rain soon. It’s like we’re at an amusement park, and it’s going to rain soon. We have to hurry and get in one more ride.
Agustin. It smells like that?
Gala. I never liked rollercoasters. It disrupts the clarity in my head. It just puts me in a different state of mind.
Agustin. I really enjoy that state of mind.
Gala. I mean, sure. I’m nice and dizzy, but it’s like I’m in the moment rather than being able to observe myself. In that moment, I’m not really aware of myself. I’m just aware of what I’m feeling. Does this make sense?
Agustin. No, not really.
Gala. By riding rollercoasters, my body experiences the dizziness of riding a rollercoaster. There is nothing to think about, nothing to contemplate. I just feel dizzy. That’s it. It’s actually kind of boring. Then there’s movies. I can think during a movie. I can think what the other characters think, even sometimes what the director thinks. Do you see the difference?
Agustin. So basically on a rollercoaster, you do not think. You just feel.
Gala. Sometimes I wonder if I would be a good mother.
End. Feeling Dizzy