Monday, July 21, 2003

Arvind. Have you seen Ivo lately?
Montinee. Yeah, he got a hair weave.
Arvind. Yeah, I know, but it took me some time to figure out that he had one. I kept telling him that he looked different for some reason, but I couldn’t figure it out. It’s cliché really. Straight from a commercial.
Montinee. I guess there is some truth in advertisements.
Arvind. Yeah, so I finally figured it out, but how do I say, “Hey, you got more hair?” It doesn’t seem like I should know exactly how Ivo looked different, just that he did look different. So I acted as if I couldn’t figure it out.
Montinee. I guess in those hair commercials, you only see people being fooled by how natural the hair is.
Arvind. But in this case, it’s not natural. One day, Ivo doesn’t have all that much hair, and the next day he does.
Montinee. Isn’t it possible for people gradually have hair weaved in so that it’ll look as if natural hair were growing?
Arvind. Yeah, but I must have missed the simulated growing stage. I haven’t seen him in a while.
Montinee. Why are you so concerned about this? You’ll get used to the fact that Ivo has hair now. It’s actually a good thing, isn’t it?
Arvind. Ever since that day I met Ivo, I’ve been noticing every follicle of hair that leaves my body.
End. Missing the Growing Stage