Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Lemonade: Alfred?
Alfred: Yes?
Lemonade: Do you like me?
Alfred: Of course I do. You know you’re my favorite.
Lemonade: Really? But you’ve tried other drinks haven’t you?
Alfred: Well, um. Sure, but you know. You’re my favorite during the summer.
Lemonade: Only the summer?
Alfred: Well, yeah. You during the summer and Apple Cider during the colder days. Orange Juice all year round with the occasional Grape Fruit Juice to remind me of the bitterness of life.
Lemonade: We all need to be reminded of that, don’t we?
Alfred: It keeps me from being delusional.
Lemonade: I’m not sure how I feel about you drinking all these drinks.
Alfred: Well, it’s Summer now. Let’s enjoy ourselves while the days last rhyming past nine o’clock in the evening.
Lemonade: Do you like the subway?
Alfred: Yes, I do. They’re like showers. I sit in them and think.
Lemonade: What do you think about?
Alfred: I think about all the people I’ve met and how it’s most likely that I won’t be seeing them in this lifetime.
Lemonade: That’s sad.
Alfred: Yeah, but I think I’ve developed this sort of immunity to saying good bye. I imagine myself meeting people then in the end, I’ll just disappear.
Lemonade: Will you disappear from me?
Alfred: Come Autumn I am afraid I will, but life goes in spirals. I could be back. I don’t know. Who knows what I’ll be doing?
Lemonade: I guess God does.
Alfred: I’m counting on it.