Monday, August 07, 2006

Marse. Amadine? It's me.
Amadine. Hey, what's up?
Marse. Are you home?
Amadine. Yeah, I was about to go out, why?
Marse. Can you do me a favor?
Amadine. What is it?
Marse. Can you find the pair of pants I wore yesterday and take out the chili pepper in one of my pockets?
Amadine. Hold on.

Hello? I got it. It's pretty cute. Where did you get this?
Marse. I got it at the grocery store.
Amadine. You just got one? How much was it?
Marse. I didn't pay for it.
Amadine. You stole it?
Marse. Well, not really. It was on the floor. It was going to be thrown out, so I decided to take it. It's just one pepper.
Amadine. Wait, you always discourage me from taste testing cherries.
Marse. Yes, because you need to also discard the stem and seed somewhere.
Amadine. What about grapes? Would you have any problems me taste testing grapes? I mean seedless grapes.
Marse. Not as much, but it's still different from why I took the pepper.
Amadine. How?
Marse. Well, one thing, the chili was going to be swept up and thrown out since it was on the floor. You're taking perfectly good cherries and eating them on the spot.
Amadine. I don't know. This one looks perfectly fine. You could have simply returned the pepper back with the others. Whoever would have taken it would probably have washed it. But, I don't get it anyways.
Marse. Get what?
Amadine. What are you going to do with one pepper?
Marse. I'm taking the seeds to dry then plant them.
End. The Cost of Chili Peppers