Monday, August 14, 2006

Ivaylo. You look tired.
Martijn. I think I'm just going to give up.
Ivaylo. What do you mean?
Martijn. They want to catch me more than I want to escape, so I'm giving up.
Ivaylo. I don't understand; all this time invested in running.
Martijn. Exactly. The goal of escaping is being free, not constantly running. I should not be running anymore. I am tried of it.
Ivaylo. What are you going to do? Give yourself up?
Martijn. I don't know. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could.
Ivaylo. So you still want to escape?
Martijn. I should have been free by now. How long am I going to do this?
Ivaylo. I still want to escape more than they want to catch me. I am going to keep running.
Martijn. How do you keep running?
Ivaylo. I can actually imagine being free. To me, it is very real.
Martijn. I lost that. Running is the end for me.
Ivaylo. Look, there’s Murad. He’s found us. Do you think you can imagine being free? Let's go run. Murad's tired too. There are people to easier catch than us.
Martijn. But we're the catch.
Ivaylo. Yes we are. Here he comes, are you ready to run?
Martijn. What if I caught you?
End. Martijn Runs a Different Path