Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Csilla. Hey, I'm going to meet with Matwe at Bagdan's. Do you want to join us?
Thiemo. Perhaps not.
Csilla. Why not?
Thiemo. It's Matwe. I do not think I can maintain myself around him.
Csilla. What? Really?
Thiemo. He's just one of those people that bring out the worst in me. It's overbearing. I subconsciously consent to his influence.
Csilla. What would be you at your worst?
Thiemo. I am insecure, defensive, and awkward, and then I start to hate myself.
Csilla. I hope that's not how you feel when we meet.
Thiemo. Not at all. I would say that you bring out a truer sense of me.
Csilla. Well good. I guess I can say the same about you.
Thiemo. We should meet more often.
Csilla. Why don’t we?
Thiemo. When did you have to go to Bagdan’s?
Csilla. I’m a little thirsty. Did you want to go get a drink?
Thiemo. I know a place.
End. Thiemo’s Best and Worst

Thiemo. You know, I don't blame him. It’s really my issue. I actually respect Matwe, but I'm just not mature enough to handle him.
Csilla. Do you think there will be a point where you will be able to handle Matwe?
Thiemo. Sure, but it's not something that I'm working on. It'll happen when it happens, and I won't even notice it.
Csilla. How do you know when it happens?
Thiemo. I'm hoping it doesn't.
End. Hoping for the Worst