Sunday, December 07, 2003

Silvija. Hey, come in.
Bentsion. So what’s going on?
Silvija. Take a look at this.
Bentsion. No one’s playing that piano.
Silvija. Right. It’s playing music by itself.
Bentsion. It’s not one of those self-playing pianos, is it?
Silvija. Not that I can tell. There’s no electricity going to the piano, and there’s no gears moving the keys.
Bentsion. I don’t get it. How is it playing by itself?
Silvija. I don’t know, but listen to the music. I’ve been listening to it for two hours now. I think it plays according to its environment.
Bentsion. Are you saying that it’s aware of its surroundings?
Silvija. I don’t know, maybe. I played with the piano, and it played along with what I was playing.
Bentsion. But you’ve had this piano for a couple of years now. All the sudden, it’s playing music for you?
Silvija. Yeah, it’s like a strange gift. I don’t know who to thank. What are you doing?
Bentsion. I want to know how it’s playing. It’s just amazing.
Silvija. I’ve already looked inside. For all I can tell it’s a normal piano.
Bentsion. Do you have a toolbox?
Silvija. What?
Bentsion. I want to try something.
Silvija. I don’t think you should.
Bentsion. Don’t you want to know why it’s playing by itself?
Silvija. No, not really.
End. The Music Modifies