Thursday, December 11, 2003

Nuno. Will you teach me how to float?
Serapion. Do you really believe that I can float?
Nuno. I saw you do it.
Serapion. But why me? Why is it that I can float? Who am I? I’m nobody.
Nuno. But you can. For some reason you can float.
Serapion. When I float, I feel nothing. I just float. That’s all. When I land, everyone around me is shocked. I feel I moved something inside their bodies, but I did nothing. There was a time when I video taped myself floating to watch myself so that maybe I could understand why I can float.
Nuno. What happened?
Serapion. The man in the television screen was not me. Someone else was floating, not me.
Nuno. But when I watched you float, you looked the same to me.
Serapion. It makes sense that it is not me floating though.
End. Floating Doubt