Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Acquistapace. Is that it?
Essa. This is it. This is what I’ve been telling you about.
Acquistapace. Does it work?
Essa. I just conducted a test just before you got here. I have to tell you. I’m a little shaken. I’m still getting used to having my deep emotions revealed to me in such a plain and visible manner.
Acquistapace. Are you okay?
Essa. I’ll be okay. I’m emotionally exhausted though.
Acquistapace. You look it. I’m a little concerned. Do you want to lie down?
Essa. No, I’ll be fine, but don’t be alarmed if I let loose into tears.
Acquistapace. This isn’t right, Essa. How can you say you’re going to be fine?
Essa. You have to believe me, Acquistapace. I feel emotionally released. I know I sound like I’ve lost my head, but I feel humiliated and liberated. I feel like my life is going to change because of this.
Acquistapace. I don’t know what to think of all this. You’re telling me your machine did this to you?
Essa. Yes. You might not understand though. You should try the machine yourself. Here, put this on you head.
Acquistapace. Get that thing off me!
End. Fear of Freedom