Sunday, February 01, 2004

Endri. Sometimes I feel like I’m just wasting my time here.
Tzipora. Why? What’s going on?
Endri. I wanted to make pretzels, and the recipe required tepid water of one hundred and ten degrees Fahrenheit, and the way it was written, it seemed like it was important that the water be one-ten, but how hot is that?
Tzipora. I guess not very hot since it’s supposed to be tepid.
Endri. Right, but I convince myself that I had to heat this water to exactly one hundred and ten degrees.
Tzipora. So what’d you do?
Endri. I went out and got myself a seven-dollar thermometer. It goes from zero to two hundred and twenty degrees. I can now cook meat to a perfect medium with this thing, and you know me with new things. I wanted to try it out on everything. I boiled water and it told me what is was in Fahrenheit, I put it on the windows to see the difference between the surface and the air inside the room, but then I put the thermometer under running hot water and guess what it said?
Tzipora. What?
Endri. I’ll let you know for seven dollars.
End. One Hundred and Ten Equals Seven Dollars