Thursday, June 06, 2002

I will be rooting for Team USA when they play South Korea in the World Cup. Why? Wasn’t I born of two Korean parents, thus making me physically Korean? Shouldn’t I then be rooting for South Korea? Well simply, I just know the American team. The South Korean team are strangers to me. They would be football players with different numbers on their backs. How crazy would it be if they all had the same number? I know and admire the defensive skills of US defenseman, Eddie Pope. I can’t say I admire anyone on the South Korean team only because I’ve never seen this World Cup team play. I think that’s fair. When I saw South Korea play Bolivia in the stands of Foxboro Stadium where the New England Patriots play, I was rooting for South Korea. Please, I don’t hate South Korea, nor do I hate Bolivia, I just know the United States much better.