Saturday, June 08, 2002

I had a vivid dream the night we went to the carnival because I ate so late at night. It’s a myth I’m going to share with my children: if you eat late at night, you will have nightmares. I was still slightly nauseous (out of my mental lucidity) after coming home from Dennys. I had two pancakes, two sausages, two bacon strips, and two eggs over easy. They called it the Original Grand Slam Breakfast. It would have been nice if they provided toast to complement the eggs.

I got over most of my fears concerning roller coasters by understanding that I would not die by riding them. In the same fashion, I’ve become fond of vivid dreams and nightmares. Vivid dreams and nightmares are just like roller coasters. You are chased by crazy people with machine guns, and you’re hiding from them in cabinets, drawers, on the ceiling, but they will find you, and utilize their machine guns on you, but in the end, you wake up, trying to go back to the vivid dream.