Monday, May 13, 2002

I normally counter act my loneliness with the company of women.

Susanna: You know too many girls.
Alfred: I can’t help it, I find myself attracted to them.

And to deflect, I’m trying to remember if Susanna was the first Swedish girl I knew. I think so, but she had red hair and wore tinted contacts to make her eyes look green or blue, again, I cannot remember. One of the reasons why I cannot remember very well is because I met Susanna on the big island of Hawaii in 1997.

Alfred: Have you ever been to Trollhattan?
Susanna: What?

Trollhattan, Sweden is where the Saab headquarters are. I’ve dreamed of going to Trollhattan, to set foot on the soil where those crazy ingenious automobile designers decide what is beautiful.

Saab 9-3 convertible: Do you think I’m fat?
Saab automobile designer: What are you talking about? You’re not fat.
Saab 9-3 convertible: Yes I am. I’m not pretty at all.
Saab automobile designer: Have you been reading those magazines again?
Saab 9-3 convertible: They say I’m expensive to maintain.
Saab automobile designer: Don’t listen to them. They don’t know you. I know you.
Saab 9-3 convertible: I don’t know ...
Saab automobile designer: What kind of engine do you have?
Saab 9-3 convertible: 2.3 High-Output Turbo putting out 230 horses.
Saab automobile designer: 230 horses? Do you know how sexy that is?
Saab 9-3 convertible: I guess.
Saab automobile designer: You guess, you know.
Saab 9-3 convertible: Stop lying. I know you’ve been eyeing that Cooper Mini.
Saab automobile designer: Uh ... what?
Saab 9-3 convertible: You know that little hussy. Cute isn’t she? You want her, don’t you? You used to love me, but now, I’m old and tired. They shouldn’t have redesigned me. You loved it when my top came off, with the wind whipping through you hair.
Saab automobile designer: No, it’s not true. I have no feelings for the Cooper Mini.
Saab 9-3 convertible: Stop it, stop lying to me. Why don’t you just admit you’ve driven in that Cooper Mini. I caught you the other day.
Saab automobile designer: Yes, it’s true. I’m so ashamed. She didn’t have the same feel I get from driving you baby. I never want drive that floozy Cooper Mini ever again. Come here, baby.
Saab 9-3 convertible: Don’t touch me. Leave me alone.
Saab automobile designer: Come on baby.
Saab 9-3 convertible: I’m leaving you. Your no good for me. I’m going to find a job and make a living.
Saab automobile designer: Job? What can you do?
Saab 9-3 convertible: I’ll deliver cakes.
Saab automobile designer: Cakes? Okay, you go ahead and deliver cakes. You’ll be back, and I’ll be here waiting.
Saab 9-3 convertible: Good bye.
Saab automobile designer: Oh, you’ll be back.