Thursday, April 01, 2004

One.
Evengia. How’s it going?
Milen. I’m a little frustrated.
Evengia. What happened?
Milen. We were in the library, and Anet asked me what I was reading. I told her that I was reading an article on the effect on a person’s height and how the Europeans are generally taller than Americans when a couple of years ago, it was the other way around. She found it interesting so I continued with an observation.

Two.
Milen. I remember how much taller the Germans were when they played
U.S.A. in the World Cup, but I guess one reason would be because tall people in America would play basketball rather than soccer.
Evengia. Yeah, really.
Orlin. But height doesn’t correlate into playing better soccer.
Milen. It helps.
America looked helpless against Germany.
Orlin. That’s
Germany. Look at Brazil. They’ve got to be one of the smallest teams.
Milen. That’s true.

Three.
Evengia. You’re frustrated because Orlin proved your little theory wrong?
Milen. I didn’t say that to be tall was to be a superior soccer player. I just used the World Cup as an example because it was the only forum I could think of where you could generally compare the heights of two different nations.
Evengia. Interesting, Orlin misunderstood your point.
Milen. I didn’t realize what happened until a couple minutes later, but by then, we were talking about something else.
Evengia. You didn’t talk about it?
Milen. Would you?
Evengia. I think it’s interesting enough to point it out. You’re pointing it out to me. So he thinks he’s right, and you know you’re right. No big deal, right?
Milen. I want Orlin to know he’s wrong.
End. Wrong Talk