Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Claes. Someone wrapped a few newspapers together and left it burning in front of the warehouse.
Nadeza. Really? Was anyone hurt?
Claes. No. It didn’t cause any alarm. It was a small fire whipping near the curb of the street. Someone may have stopped in front of the gate, lit the bundle, dropped it, and drove off.
Nadeza. A form of protest maybe?
Claes. Like dropping anonymous anger for us to see.
Nadeza. Did anyone extinguish the fire?
Claes. I don’t think so. I came back after work and found it still smoldering. Thin flakes of newspaper smoked off in circles close by.
Nadeza. The warehouse wasn’t evacuated?
Claes. I don’t think anyone said anything to management.
Nadeza. You would think someone would have called the police to come in and check to see if it was a bomb or something.
Claes. Yeah, I don’t know. It turned out to be someone’s expression on how they felt.
Nadeza. Claes?
Claes. Yes?
Nadeza.
You weren’t the one who did it, were you?
Claes. I wish I had.
End. Dropping Anonymous Anger